We fully appreciate the gravity of the current Covid-19 crises and will take all recommended and required steps to protect not only our clients, but our staff and colleagues as well. The government of Ontario has deemed Realtors to be essential in maintaining continuity in the economy and as such we are still here to help with your real estate needs, however options such as open houses have been suspended indefinitely.
In addition we will be implementing the following protocols:
IN ADDITION TO SHOWING PROTOCOLS, WE WILL BE INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IN ALL OFFER CONTRACTS UNTIL THE STATE OF EMERGENCY IS CALLED OFF:
"The parties herein acknowledge and agree that they are required to close this transaction notwithstanding any impact of COVID -19 , save and except the closing of the land registry office(s) and all financial institutions. In the event the closing cannot occur due to a shutdown/disruption of the land registry system and/or banking system, then the closing date shall be automatically extended to the fifth (5) business day following the date upon which said systems have returned to operational status and can clear funds accordingly."
**IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS REGARDING PROTOCOLS IN REAL ESTATE DURING THIS CURRENT CRISES PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECT. PLEASE STAY HEALTHY AND LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER, THIS TOO SHALL PASS SOON.
FEEL LIKE YOU COULD USE SOME HELP DURING THIS PANDEMIC?
• 211 - If you need to access or information on SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY SUPPORTS, visit the 211 website or call 211 for non-emergency requests. This includes priority services available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• HOMELESSNESS - If you are experiencing homelessness, contact Access York at 1-877-464-9675 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), TTY: 1-866-512-6228 (for the deaf or hard of hearing). After hours - directly contact an emergency housing provider listed under Emergency and Transitional Housing.
• HOUSING SUPPORTS FOR TENANTS AND HOME OWNERS - Homeowners facing financial stress may be eligible for a mortgage payment deferral of up to six months - CMHC's COVID-19: Understanding Mortgage Payment Deferral .Visit the Government of Ontario’s Renting: changes during COVID-19 to learn about the temporary changes to residential rental processes, and where tenants and landlords can get help. The Province of Ontario has declared a halt to new evictions and to enforcement of standing eviction orders. Visit Tribunals Ontario for additional information.
• SUPPORT FOR LANDLORDS AND PROPERTY OWNERS - Rental processes for landlords have changed during COVID-19. Visit the Government of Ontario’s COVID-19 information for landlords to learn about updates for working with the Landlord and Tenant Board, collecting rent and managing expenses.
• FOOD INSECURITY - York Region has food security resources to help you - The York Region Food Network has compiled a list of emergency food resources available during COVID-19, including food hampers and take-away meals. If you are an agency that needs food for your organization or clients, please reach out to the Food Bank of York Region
• MEDICATION REQUIREMENTS - Many pharmacies will deliver prescriptions and in some cases, over-the-counter medicine and supplies to your home. Contact your medication provider for details.
• MENTAL HEALTH AND WELL BEING - Telehealth Ontario offers free medical advice on all subjects relating to health. Please note that wait times may be long. Call toll-free: 1-866-797-0000 or toll-free TTY: 1-866-797-0007. The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) has put together resources and suggestions to help support your mental health at this time of uncertainty.
- CHILDREN AND YOUTH 18 AND UNDER who need to talk to someone about their mental health can reach Kids Help Phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via phone or text from anywhere in Canada.
- ADULTS AND FRONTLINE WORKERS who are dealing with the realities of COVID-19 can call ConnexOntario at 1-866-531-2600 for mental health, addictions and problem gambling support. BounceBack is a free, evidence-based cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) program providing guided mental health self-help supports for adults and youth over the age of 15. Call 1-866-345-0224 for more information